Monday, April 12, 2010

my love of horses

If you have popped over to my website, you know that I have a GREAT love for horses. That, and my love for the outdoors, came from my late father (pictured below).
Even though we were raised in Chicago, my Dad was a renegade who rode bareback broncs locally. One time he even rode his horse through his mother's house and into the kitchen.

He made sure that his family was exposed to not only the culture of our big city, but to the awe and magnificence of nature. He made great friends, whom we considered family, in the upper peninsula of Michigan. I spent many summers on their farm riding horses, working at the fair and going to the rodeo. I spent my early years drawing pictures of horses and dreaming of the day I could own my own. To this day... i am a wannabee! I still do not have a horse to call my own and I am very much past being a rodeo queen! But that doesn't mean that I can't make it my joy and my work.

As a rodeo fan, I am drawn to the excitement, the patriotism, and the hard working cowboys. True Grit! As an artist, I found a way to intertwine all of these things I love from my life experiences. I use the technology that thrills me to create images which evoke reactions that reflect who i feel. I have more to say on process of photography, but until then here are some of my pieces for you to enjoy!

Wings to Fly By

Blue Rope

No comments:

Post a Comment